• Register Today It's free!

2001 Ranger Horn Newbie

ftallian

Reaction score
City, State
Farmington Hills, Mi
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Ranger
As a newbie to this group, I would wish all well and say hi to everyone. I am a retired secondary high school teacher from Farmington Hills, MI. I own a 2001 Ranger Super Cab V6. I really like my little truck. The gas mileage is not so good (19/gal) but I do not drive it that often (33K) so I can put up with poor mileage. As a newbie, I have the following concern that I could use help with.

My 2001 Ranger Super Cab 4x4 horn does not work. I figured it was a fuse but when I looked in the manual it indicated that it was not in use. Seems a Truck Central Service Module was installed instead. When I press on the horn, I hear a clicking noise. I have seen some horn kits for sale on the Internet for around $30. My dealer wants $240 to replace the horn. Is this something a rookie like me can handle? The only thing I repaired on my Ranger was a fog lamp and some filters. I don’t even know the location of the horn. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Welcome to Explorer Forum! It may be a bad connection in the steering wheel.

It could be a bad horn relay, if one exists. That would explain the "clicking" sound.

Back