2001 Sport New Head Unit | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

2001 Sport New Head Unit

mjoyal4

Reaction score
City, State
Somewhere, RI
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 Sport
I would like to replace my old radio with something new. Choosing a unit isn't the hard part, but finding the correct way to wire it up seems to be. I don't want to open up the dash and find out it doesn't work.

I had seen this part and was wondering if it would be what I would need: http://www.scosche.com/car-stereo-connector-for-1994-up-select-vehicles#
Also, would this fit any aftermarket radio or only a specific one/type?

I did search for this question through the forums but felt I'd get a better answer from asking.

<

Shock

Reaction score
City, State
Laramie, WY
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Explorer
This should be what you need for any aftermarket stereos. However, what I would recommend you do is go to Crutchfield's website and talk to one of their reps, they will tell you everything you need, all vehicle specific

<

Dontbehalen11

Reaction score
City, State
Greenwood, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Explorer Sport
Yes that will work...I have a 1999 Sport with a Pioneer X2500BT Double-Din head unit with that harness. Just read the paper is comes with and look online for the factory wire codes to match them up

<

mjoyal4

Reaction score
City, State
Somewhere, RI
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 Sport
Great, much appreciated guys.

<