• Register Today It's free!

2001 Sport Request

just1me

Reaction score
City, State
Pryor, OK
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Ranger Stepside 2.5
I was hoping that those with a 2001 Sport or Sport Trac, Job 1, and Job 2 could post a picture of the battery junction box under the hood for the fuses, and relays layout. I know in 2001 there was changes made, early and late engine style, wiring, pats, rap module location, and such.

My 2001 is an Explorer Sport., but most the 2001 Sports, and Sport Tracs I've seen seem to share 1 of 2 styles battery junction box, but I think mine is different then both.

Mine looks just like this below, it is layed out identical to this one, and the build date is September 11, 2000. I also noticed that some 01 rangers with the 4.0 had a similar layout. I am trying to figure this one out thanks.

sportbjb.png

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My '01 Sport has the same box as the one you posted. Build date 4/01

So yours has the 2 side by side double relays for 45,46,47,48? Do you have a pic of yours? Every other 01 seems to have a single relay in place of 47, or 48 it seems. It seems maybe there were 3 different battery junction box layouts possibly for 01.

01sportbjblate.jpg

01SportBJBa.jpg

Is your relay box down by the air cleaner have the single relay or multiple relays? Mine has the single relay. I been going through wiring diagrams for 3 days now trying to figure out the layout for the relays,fuses in 2001, since it seems to have 2, or 3 different battery junction box layouts.

auxrelaybox.jpg

auxrelayboxlater.jpg

No pics. Single relay by air filter. As I said my is just like the the diagram 45, 46, 47, 48 all doubles.

Thanks for replying, it seems then that your Sport has the same setup as mine. I wonder then why other 01' Sports, and Sport Tracs, have a slightly different BJB layout. It seems from reading, researching many diagrams, that the BJB you or I have is layed out more like the 01 Ranger BJB, as how the double relays for 45,46,47,and 48.

Any other 01's out there?

Thanks I appreciate it, do you have a pic of yours? This is my battery junction box, I don't have fog lights, so 48a and 48b slot are empty.

MyBJB.jpg

I can't post pics yet but its identical to yours, mine dosent have fogs or 4wd... I do have a different intake then I've seen on a couple other sports and I've got the 5R55E trans. As soon as I post pics ill put them up

Thanks I appreciate it, mine is 4x4, and I plan on adding fogs eventually later on.

I've got my fogs on order, I just got the truck from my father inlaw who bought it new so luckily I know history

That's cool, are you going to use the factory fog switch and wire them up, it's a pretty simple job. This is my 2001.

DSCF5285.jpg

nice, mines black, I'm still waiting for my account to be approved so i can post pics. No i think I'm gonna run a toggle i don't have the button or cut out spot on my panel. i think i have the first on that rolled of the line in this style the build date is 07/00. Ive noticed when buying parts like the tps sensor the (2 door) turned the wrong way so i had to buy the one listed for a (4 door)?? Go figure... i don't know....

Black is nice I would rather have black any day. It's easy to add the button to the dash, but a toggle switch works to. Yeah it would be nice to see your Sport. I would like later on to paint the grey cladding black as well, looks much better on the Sports and Sport Tracs, especially on a black one.

Yea i was thinking the same thing with the grey but if i don't do the grey black im gonna tint the tail lights smoke the front corners and paint the inside of the headlights (make them look like circles)

Sounds like a plan, yeah most guys seem to be using Krylon Fusion for the cladding and it seems to hold up well, I know other jeep guys use it to. Any interior mods? Originally my 2001 had a short console but I switched it out for the long console.

just replaced all the lights with white led, i have the high back seats full console and added a fosgate 12 instead of the stock box

Sounds nice, I didn't get the subwoofer option. I had got a console 6 disc cd changer from a mountaineer I was going to install till I found out it came from an earlier model and the wiring harness was different. The stock premium system isn't bad though.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Here is a 01 Ranger XLT 4.0 4dr it has the same battery junction box layout as some 01 Sport models.

01RBJB2.jpg

Back