For Sale - 2001 Sport Trac 302/AWD | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

For Sale 2001 Sport Trac 302/AWD

ttbit

Reaction score
City, State
Maryville,TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 ST 5.0 sold
'07 ST8
2001 Ford Explorer Sport Trac For Sale $5,800

Engine and transmission run fine and smooth. AWD works fine. This vehicle is great in the rain and snow. Body in good shape. Interior has wear, as to be expected with a vehicle of this age and mileage. The front seats and center console were upgraded with Explorer parts. Both seats are power. Sony head unit installed with Bluetooth capability for phone and audio use.

fl1.jpg

rl1.jpg

fr1.jpg

rear1.jpg

rf1.jpg

rr1.jpg

int1.jpg

int2.jpg

int3.jpg

int4.jpg

eng2.jpg

eng1.jpg

I have owned this vehicle since December 2007. I purchased it with the intent of doing a 302 swap using an Explorer AWD drivetrain. The original drivetrain was in fine working order and was sold after the swap. The mileage on the vehicle at time of swap was 293,002. The conversion began in mid 2008 and was completed by early 2009. The 302 drivetrain was from a wrecked 1996 Explorer with 97,781 miles. The vehicle now has just shy of 327,000 miles.

The rear differential was also swapped from the 1996 donor in favor of the disc brake setup.

All A/C components are present and connected, minus the compressor, which was bad.

Please email me with any questions you may have @ gmail "dperuski".

This info is also at http://thediskwiz.com/2001st

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

GLWS! Also, what year explorer did your seats and center console come out of?

Thank you, ZeroAviation. The seats and console came out of a '96 Explorer.

This thing still for sale?

Just happened to login today and saw this. Yes. Nothing I am pushing. I am enjoying it on days like this. It is on Knoxville Craigslist right now also.

Hey if your Truck is still for sale Text or call me (229) 848-2419

Tyler Neidhardt

Very clean and OEM looking swap. Did you use a 96-97 drivetrain?

I never posted any change of price, but usually when people ask, I say $5200. I am surprised it has not been grabbed up yet. I didn't think I was asking too much...

I have had SEVERAL people who sound excited, but never show up to drive it. I had one person actually drive it where we agreed on price and we were supposed to meet the next day. He never called. He had some physical issues, so no hard feelings, but a quick text or phone call to say you changed your mind would be nice.

You know...just be honest and straight-forward. If you want the truck, great. If not, just say, "no thanks". I don't know if it is the world changing or what, but I used to buy and sell all the time with a lot less BS, it seems.

Not upset (I know email tone can be hard to distinguish) and not needing to sell, but I really don't need it now. I must be way to relaxed about it or something. :)

Changed the front axle too to match the rear?

Changed the front axle too to match the rear?

They both were already the same gear ratio. That being said, I still have the other as a spare. :)

The ratios were different on my 98 Mountaineer and 2002 Sport Trac. I'm wondering if it would be a good idea to install the upper link arms from the Mountaineer onto the Trac.

The ratios were different on my 98 Mountaineer and 2002 Sport Trac. I'm wondering if it would be a good idea to install the upper link arms from the Mountaineer onto the Trac.

I planned on installing those, but never did. I still have them.

I got lucky. I had a lot of good part and computer match-up with the Explorer and ST. It usually isn't that way. I would have just swapped the front diff in, if I had to though. With the engine out and all, it would not have been difficult.

I'm still trying to figure out why I get C1102 C1230 and C1237 ABS codes and a P0500 VSS code. The speedometer works so the rear axle sensor has to be good, plus it was replaced in the donor shortly before the swap. I also installed a complete brand new ABS unit since the one from the donor definitely was defekt.

If only I'd known ahead of time that the guy I had do the swap was a drug addict and apparently a pretty dim bulb... Just heard from his sister in law that he's in jail in Oklahoma. I've had to re-do so many things on this truck.

Sorry to hear that.

If you want, find my sticky-post on my swap and post there. Good folks are subscribed to it that have done the swap also. It depends on the year ECU and year ST as to how the VSS is to be wired. I am pretty sure I stated what I had to do in that thread. It was a matter of breaking a connection, not making one. All was well after that.

I have been messing with schematics since the 80's, so ... :)

Back