2001 Sport Trac ABS Sensors

esromj

Reaction score
City, State
Madison, WI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Explorer Sport Trac
Hi all,

I'm new here. Just bought an 01 Sport Trac (Job 1), 4x4, automatic.

I noticed the ABS wasn't working (no ABS light, it just doesn't activate on icy roads). Eventually, I found the front ABS sensors are not plugged in. The wires are ziptied out of the way.

1) Where should the front ABS sensors plug in? Does anyone have a picture of the plug/connector where they should go?

2) I understand ABS sensor failure is not a rare problem. What is the most likely reason my ABS sensors were disconnected? (Should I expect to replace them or replace the ABS module or just clean them?)

3) If I can clean the ABS sensors, how is this done? What type of cleaning product? Wire brush? Any suggestions?

4) My fog lamps don't come on (switch illuminates but the bulbs don't). I bought new bulbs but haven't put them in yet. Are the front ABS wires at all connected or related to the fog lamp wiring?

Rear ABS sensor is connected and the vehicle is shifting normally and the speedometer reads consistently.

Thank you

the picture is a explorer, but sport trac is the same thing. the plug in should be at the bottom of the rad support just infront of the plastic splash shield from your fender. you will find 2 plugs. one for your fog lights, the other for your ABS

mod.jpg

then if you look on top of your rear diff, there should be another there as well (sorry no pic for that one.)

as for cleaning them, you probably will brake them trying to get them out.
the reason why your fogs are not working is it might be possible that they unplugged both the fog lights, and ABS sensors at the same time because the plugs are right beside each other.

Thank you, vroomzoomboom. I'll take a look there and see what happens when I reconnect the sensors.

You didn't have to tear your front end off just to take the picture but I appreciate it!

haha, no. i had the pic when i was trying to get a different part from another member. it just happend to be in the same spot as your plug ins

Back