• Register Today It's free!

2001 Sport Trac - door lock

lesham

Reaction score
City, State
Salem, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Sport Trac
Aparently when I bought my truck, they did not tell me the default lock code to open the driver side door. I checked in the book for the default code but that did not work.

I am wondering if anyone knows how to reset this?

Also for some reason when I unlock my doors, my driver side door lock does not pop all the way up and I have to hit unlock multiple times and wiggle the handle furiously for it to pop up.

Help?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Look on the next page for the title..door problem. Apply the same advise and you should be good. The location of the code is also well covered in this forum just search it.

I had the same issue with my st. i found mine under my front defrost vents, you have to carefully pry them up, basically crawl on the hood and look through the windshield into your inner dash, and there is an orange sticker with a five digit number ( i believe mine was orange) that is your factory preset lock code. if i come accross where i found it at i'll add it to your post.

You have to know your preset code or the secondary code to do any adjusting to it unfortunately, I had the same issue a few weeks ago.

If you have a Job 1 it is behind the backseat, under the electric window, in the little storage compartment. The Job 2 has it under the front defrost vents.

Back