2001 sport trac needs HELP.. throttle | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2001 sport trac needs HELP.. throttle

jquick1

Reaction score
City, State
NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
Working on it for my Father-in-law..Changes water pump..Cleaned throttle body..Start running bad time I started it. codes p0122 p0123 p1120 so I replaced TPS twice.. Its Idling high drives like crap..Acts like its in limp mode.Unhooked battery for 2hrs. run same after. Keeps giving same codes..Need help,he has to have his truck for work on monday.PLEASE

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sounds like one of the wires broke or got pinched. I'd trace the wires in the harness for the sensor for starters. I think there's a procedure for checking the voltage at the harness, but the TPS has to be plugged in while you do the test.

Thanks will do asap..Also just replaced TPS and IAC gaskets. Still Idling about 2000 rpms and motor cuts out above 3000 rpms. CODE P1120

Thanks, I must have wrong TPS it only touches it when the throttle is wide open. There is not other way to get it to fit. Back to the parks store I go..

Back from parts store with the 3rd TPS today. FINALLY its fixed!!!! Thanks for all the help could not of done it without you! YOU ALL ROCK!

Interesting the OHV and SOHC TPS have opposite rotation. I wouldn't have known without searching this great forum. :thumbsup:

Back