2002 31,000 miles needs new engine !!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2002 31,000 miles needs new engine !!!

soonermedic

Reaction score
City, State
Lafayette, Louisiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 Explorer Sport Trac
Has anyone heard of this? What kind of product is Ford making? My mechanic said that this was almost unheard of. Was at a stop light and
my engine started to idle really rough, pulled over stopped the truck checked my oil and fluids everything was fine from what I could see, had it towed to a shop and when they tried to start it the engine froze. My worst nightmare !!
$ 3500.00 repair @ 31,000 miles. Ridiculous ! Ford ought to eat this one !!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

sue ford. A guy recently wona case against chevy cuz of his duramx engine had catostrophic failure while it was still new practically.

Wow man, that's just not right. What did the mechanics have to say about it? Any idea on just what is going wrong? I would sure be intersted in knowing some particulars about your incident. It won't be long until I'll be at your mileage. Makes me glad I opted for that extended warranty they offered.
I feel for you man. Please keep us up to date on what's happening with your truck. I am sure there must be some help for you if you really have a completely toasted engine. Let's hope so.
Ken

Sorry to hear about that. That is pretty sucky.They should eat that though. No reason it should die like that.

Get a second opinion. If you are even thinking of having Ford pay for this (which they won't if it is out of warranty or you haven't kept maintenance records) then they will want to look at it before you fix it.

Back