2002 bearings

mikejay68

Reaction score
City, State
Windham, NH
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Explorer
Hi

FYI, I just had 3 of my bearings replaced and it cost about $800 each due to the fact that the bearing is part of a larger assembly and the mechanic needs to remove the suspension to replace. so far all is well but a big expense. The mechanic says it is common.

Which bearings where replaced? If I'm reading correctly that it was $800 EACH, the pricing sounds pretty high. I just had a front wheel bearing/hub assembly replaced on a 2002 for around $300. The part is around $200 and it is common.

Which bearings where replaced? If I'm reading correctly that it was $800 EACH, the pricing sounds pretty high. I just had a front wheel bearing/hub assembly replaced on a 2002 for around $300. The part is around $200 and it is common.

I second that...I just had a front drivers wheel bearing done for $270

I did both of my fronts myself in an afternoon for <$400. Also did the brake pads at the same time since they were getting thin.

Only did both becasue I could not determine for certain which one, or both, was bad before I got to them and only wanted to do the job one time. Turns out only the Right front one was bad, but who knows how far the Left was good for?

Back