• Register Today It's free!

2002 - Exhaust

Timmy

Reaction score
City, State
Downriver, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 XLS
does anyone have a 2002 and know of a good exhaust system or something to deepen the sound of it? i tried searching but i can't find anything dealing with deepenin the sound of the exhaust on a 2002 or have even seen an exhaust system for a 2002?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

This is what I did...

I went to a local muffler shop and had them install a 2.5" mandrel bent, cat-back system - Magnaflow muffler, single out with an oval SS tip exiting in the stock location.

It is deeper, louder, looks good and it is welded.

Look at the Magnaflow for a deep sound on the V6.

Good Luck - JR

how much did it run you?

timmy

Total price

was only $250 including tax, with the tip ( Ractive brand ).

I had gone to another shop with my Mustang (previous vehicle) and the guy said $350 for cat back duals/Magnaflow. I go back with the Explorer and he quotes me the same price for a single with NO tip.

So, I went down the road....

YOU HAVE TO SHOP AROUND !!!!!

JR

I definetley recomend magnaflow. I had flows put on my 94' and I think the shop made may pipe to big or something becasue mine doen't have that normal flowmaster sound, sounds more like a deep F1 car which insn't bad, it sounds wicked near redline but just sounds funny commin from a truck. My mom gave my sis my truck now, and I'm getting an 02' Mounty w/ 4.6 V8. I'm going for a true dual (2 magnaflow mufflers) exhaust, but I'm also looking into another company called CGS Exhaust they make some badass systems and mufflers check out their website. I also want to hear Ravin and Vortex on the 4.6, but I wish their was a way of doing that w/o buying 10 different mufflers and listening to them lol:confused:.

yah, thats not bad of a price i was looking at truckperformance.com n their cat-backs single inlet/dual outlet (what im looking for) run for $800 on a 2002 im like wow i think i am better off going to a muffler shop. that will be one of my next mods than. thanks guys

timmy

Back