2002 explorer A/C won't trun to Max Air correctly, HELP | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2002 explorer A/C won't trun to Max Air correctly, HELP

greenlf

Reaction score
City, State
Atlanta, Georgia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 explorer XLS, 4.0L
My AC works great. It blows very cold in all settings other than the MAX A/C setting i don't know if it is stuck on MAX AC all the time or if it,s on regular sitting but when i change it from regular to MAX it does nothing it just stay the same. the fan spend works in all settings it,s just there no difference from regular to max i need help it,s really making me mad. I have a 2002 XL 4.0L just basic settings if that helps.. Thanks Alot

My AC works great. It blows very cold in all settings other than the MAX A/C setting i don't know if it is stuck on MAX AC all the time or if it,s on regular sitting but when i change it from regular to MAX it does nothing it just stay the same. the fan spend works in all settings it,s just there no difference from regular to max i need help it,s really making me mad. I have a 2002 XL 4.0L just basic settings if that helps.. Thanks Alot

Mine did that 2 years ago while we were visiting Florida. It was 102 outside and we were sweating our butts off with the AC on. I had an extended warranty and dropped it off at a local dealer. Turns out it was a outside recirculation door actuator that needed replaced. The AC had to be evacuated and recharged and the dash needed to be pulled from the truck to get to the actuator. I think it was a 1500 dollar fix or something like that. I paid my 100.00 deductible so I do not remember the exact price. Made a huge difference.

Back