2002 Explorer climate fan only works on low. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2002 Explorer climate fan only works on low.

Gamer

Reaction score
I just bought a 2002 V8 Explorer. The climate fan will only blow out air on low speed. When I turn it up to high it sounds like it's blowing but no air comes out. I had a similar problem with a 2001 Taurus. Replaced the blower motor resistor and it corrected the problem. Is it the same fix? If so where is it located? Is it still behind the glovebox? Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to this forum! I've moved your thread into the A/C & heater section. The resistor should be on the blower housing if you have the standard control. Electronic climate control uses a module instead of the resistor.

I have the standard control. Both the AC and heat work. It will blow out both on low through the center vents, no air thru the center vents above low speed. Therefore I don't think it's the blend door. It also blows out the rear vents and defrost at all speeds. Vaccum leak? Where would I check first?

Air/Heat only comes out of the center vents on low speed when the knob is set to that setting. You can turn it up and it sounds like a tornado but air/heat will not blow out other than low speed. It will blow out the defrost vents on all speeds when set to defrost. It will also blow out air/heat on the rear vents at all speeds when you adjust it by the rear control. I guess what I'm trynig to say is the only problem is with the center dash vents.

Back