2002 Explorer front wheel bearing groan | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2002 Explorer front wheel bearing groan

aliasjerk

Reaction score
City, State
Detroit, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 XLT 4WD 4.0L
Need some tips from seasoned veterans for the 2002 Explorer.

XLT, 4WD 4.0L V6.

I just replaced the passenger side front wheel bearing due to a failed ABS sensor and a wheel bearing groan, ABS light is now off but when I turn the wheel I still get a groan from the passenger front wheel, if I turn left the noise gets louder, if I turn right the sound completely goes away.

Is this in fact the passenger front bearing? Or is the Drivers one also faulty with these conditions? I also used a WJD Heavy Duty bearing ordered from Rockauto, does this happen to be a junk brand of bearings and should I spring for the MOOG or Timkin?

thanks!

Thread moved to the 3rd gen ( 2002-2005) sub forum.

The forum you tried to post in , titled tech tips submitted by technicians is just that, for submitting tips and info.
Since you are asking for information though, this is the proper sub forum for you at this time. Please refer to the forum index and look around to get the feel of what is where. You might find something interesting if you do. Also, please note the sticky's and rules for each particular forum.

Welcome aboard. Soon you will get some answers to your question.

Back