2002 Explorer Limited Dual Climate Issue | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2002 Explorer Limited Dual Climate Issue

Lindstromte

Reaction score
City, State
El Paso
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Ford Explorer Limite
Hello all, I have a 2002 Explorer Limited. I have had it for about a year and in the last week hot air started coming out of the driver side vents but the passenger and rear are still cold. I tried looking it up on YouTube and found that it could be a blend door issue. The problem I am running into is that all of the videos I find are with Explorers that have the knob controls for the AC. The one that I have has a control panel with buttons. I have no idea where the blend door that I am looking for is located. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ok. Same as mine. I changed both blend doors, and if I can do it, almost anyone can. I will take a photo and post it soon.

You're welcome. It may take a minute to figure out how to.

023.JPG

Long time now, but think the numbers were different.

The pics seem like a case where you really have to be there to appreciate the access holes.

There is probably a youtube video or two out there showing this repair. I wonder if having the knob controls does not change the location and method to fix it, as this video for example shows going in to the center console area too, despite having manual AC:

^^^ That'll work too lol. Manual ac has one actuator, while the fancy ac setup has two.

Back