• Register Today It's free!

2002 Explorer Limited Lift?

synyster

Reaction score
City, State
Hammond IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
'02 Limited V8
I've been thinking about raising my 02 explorer limited, but I can't seem to find kits or info anywhere? I went offroading last weekend and it was epic failure. lmao. I got stuck right outta the gate. What would be the best bet a body lift or a suspension lift. I'm limited to around $600-$700 dollars to get this done and I dont want to take the cheap route. A decent route at least. What would be a good height to lift it?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

For $600 you could do a body lift as well as a suspension lift. For a body lift you'll have to do a Performance Accessories PA-883 3" body lift. It's labeled for a 98-00 Ranger, however this is the body lift that the newer Explorer's use...with some modification. There is a very large thread stickied about putting on the PA-883, in the Modified 2002-2005 Explorer forum, look at the top.

As far as a suspension lift goes, there are very few options available. There is a supporting vendor on this site (BTF Fabrication) that is fabbing up some suspension spacers that will raise up to 2.25" I believe, front and rear. I will PM you some more info on the suspension spacers...so check your PM's.

There are a few of us floating around on the modified 2002-2005 forum with lifted 3rd Gen explorer's...checkout my Before & After page in my signature to get an idea of what yours could look like. I did my complete lift for around $450 in parts....pretty cheap really.

Has brandon actually got a template for the spacer yet?

i know someone that bought a crap load of hockey pucks and did a body lift....kinda ghetto but it worked

i know someone that bought a crap load of hockey pucks and did a body lift....kinda ghetto but it worked

Not only ghetto, but also unsafe, and incomplete. There is more to a body lift kit than just the pucks that you would need. Besides the bolts and washers, you would still need the bumper brackets as well as the CNC machines steering extension.

On the PA-883 you actually throw quite a bit of the kit away. Things like the fuel hose extension, radiator shroud brackets, etc. Also, the pucks that are used in the body lifts are one-piece 3"...hockey pucks you would have to drill a hole in, and stack up to the height...

It's an old-school way of thought in doing a body lift with hockey pucks, but more of a conversation piece than a reality, considering the cost of a body lift kit is pretty low...and the amount of specialty hardware you need to complete the kit isn't exactly readily available at your local hardware store. When people mention the ol' hockey puck reference to body lifts, I just sort of :rolleyes:

from where i come from that would be known as the president's solution.

from where i come from that would be known as the president's solution.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Thats great.

Back