2002 Explorer/Mountaineer 4 Door Pictures | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2002 Explorer/Mountaineer 4 Door Pictures

That was an interesting view. Still curious where they're putting the spare tire. Don't think it'll fit in the hidden compartment in the floor.

New Englander:

They only lowered the bumper frame to match the height of the Taurus (and basically other passenger cars) in order to prevent the Explorer from running over the cars in an accident. All part of the make SUV's safer for other drivers on the road campaign. I see no problem with that, especially if is not resulting in a loss of ground clearance.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

More pictures

More pictures guys.
02.Ford.Explorer.front3-4.350.jpg

02.Ford.Explorer.rear3-4.350.jpg

02.Ford.Explorer.2ndrowseat.350.jpg

02.Ford.Explorer.3rdrowseat.350.jpg

02.Ford.Explorer.cargoarea.350.jpg

Hmm kinda looks like an Escalade.

Sure the front grill and lights are similiar.

I really like that 33/33/33 rear seat idea!!! :D And man what a huge rear window! :) One thing that is too bad is that the rear seat does not fold to make a flat cargo floor like the current model.

The grille on the Escalade is huge, with headlights separated and smaller. I don't see the resemblence.

Paul, The rear window isn't that big. There's a strip of metal that lifts up with the glass. The rear of it looks normal with the window down.

Please STOP comparing these vehicles, nowadays many look alike, but after seeing them in the road for a few months after release, you can tell d\the difference.

I think it looks very distinct and it may be the best selling Explorer ever!! (if you can even top that)

From what I have seen it looks like a real winner. Ford out did themselves on looks. I cant want to test drive one.

Beautiful!!

Wow!!
Beautiful!! I want to run out and buy the first one out of the factory but I will surely wait until the second year of production for this new body style. Just want to make sure there are no bugs with the 2002.

--mark

Hmmm, looks very Expedition/Navigator from the rear.

[Edited by 2001ExpSport on 08-14-2000 at 09:26 PM]

Well considering I wouldn't be able to afford one for at least 5 years, I'll stick with what I got. :)

Some day I will have enough money for the flare kit i want, and then My Exploder will NOT look like everyone elses.

Baby Expedition!

I like the new look. But who needs a stupid 3rd seat? And, can you take the thing out. I wonder how much it weighs or if it will be standard equipment. I'll order mine without it. So Ford says it will hold 8 people, just like the Duramgos? Does that mean they will offer us a choice of v8's to pull that many people around? The gearing better match too...

I like it. Any word on price?

Bob

They look chrome to me, and I'd expect the price to be similar to the current Explorers. I like the third seat (BTW, it folds flat into the floor). When we got our first Explorer (94) my wife complained because it couldn't carry as many people as her Aerostar could. She liked taking my son and his friends around places. It was a real fight because of this reason.

this is a good direction

All in all this is a good direction for Ford to go. I can only hope the pricing will stay reasonable! I'm sure these will top the 30K mark though. Which means I'll be able to buy one in about 6 years.

Saving my pennys,
Bob

The Explorer looks like a baby Expedition and the Mountaineer looks like a Honda Prelude that had an SUV stuffed inside it. I do like the interior though..but where's the 5 speed????

Originally posted by F'in Bob
I like the new look. But who needs a stupid 3rd seat? And, can you take the thing out. I wonder how much it weighs or if it will be standard equipment. I'll order mine without it.

Bob

I think the 3rd seat is one of those flip & fold ones like in the Honda Odyessy (and thus the reason for the independent rear suspension).

FWIW, I wouldn't get the third seat. I like cargo room (plus I don't have kids).

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back