2002 Explorer XLS | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2002 Explorer XLS

kenny57

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Ford Explorer
Can anyone tell me where the turn signal flasher is located ?? I thought it was in the fuse box under the hood but I am not sure now.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

According to the manual the flasher relay is located on top the top side of the passenger compartment fuse panel. Location number 5. This can be found on page 182 of the owner's manual.

According to the manual the flasher relay is located on top the top side of the passenger compartment fuse panel. Location number 5. This can be found on page 182 of the owner's manual.

I'll have to read this because I'm not aware of a fuse panel on the passenger side? I know there is one on the drivers side if you look under the dash (left of the steering column).

I meant the difference between engine compartment vs passenger compartment. And, yes it is under the steering wheel area. I just believe its on top of the unit and not the underside which contains the fuses.

I just replaced the turn signal flasher in my 2003. it was located on the top of the fuse panel which in the 2003 is on the driver side under the dash. i had to wedge my self on the floor by the peddles to see it. the flasher that came out was blue which made it easy to spot. the reason i changed the flasher is because i put LED taillights in which gave me the hyper flash. This was caused because the LED's have less draw and the Ford flasher ran off of resistance coming back from a regular bulb.

Back