2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac - Electrical Issues | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac - Electrical Issues

crobbins2009

Reaction score
City, State
Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Ford Explorer Sport
Hello,

We purchased a ford explorer Sport Trac 2002 yesterday, and it has some elictrical issues. The seller advised that the battery went dead, and when he replaced it the car would no longer start. He took it to the dealer, and they reset the computer and it starts fine now. However, the door locks freak out constantly and just keep relocking themselves. We reprogramed the key fob and it stops doing that until we turn the car off and back on. Then it starts freaking out again.

The back passenger door window will also not go up or down. The left turn signal doesn't work at all on the outside, and the inside clicker/light on the dash board works about 1/2 the time. Also, the inside lights in the back only work 1/2 the time. The thing that tells the temp and time above the rearview mirror and those lights dont work at all. All fuses test good.

Any advice on what this could be? We were trying to avoid a huge bill from the dealer, and my husband is pretty good with calls mechanically learning as he goes, but this is the first electrical issue (knock on wood) that we have had.

Any help is greatly appreciated :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sounds like a possible ground wire issue.

Welcome aboard!! :salute:

I have moved your thread to the Sport Trac Sub Forum.

Good luck getting it sorted. :thumbsup:

Please keep us posted as feedback helps others reading this post looking for a fix to the same or similar issue!

Welcome aboard!! :salute:

I have moved your thread to the Sport Trac Sub Forum.

Good luck getting it sorted. :thumbsup:

Please keep us posted as feedback helps others reading this post looking for a fix to the same or similar issue!
Thank you, my brother in armed forces, US Army

Back