2002 Ford Fog light kit install | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2002 Ford Fog light kit install

mlpdeals

Reaction score
Purchased a Ford/OEM fog light kit to install on my wife's 02 Explorer. It already has the "auto light" feature. The fog kit includes all the wires, relays,etc and a toggle switch to mount under the dash. I dont like the toggle switch so purchased an OEM autoheadlight/fog light switch off ebay. When installing the switch I see that the wiring harness has the three wires for the fog lights already there. The relay and fuse are not in the fuse box...I need to know if:
A) I can just add the relay and fuse to the fuse box and wire the fog kit wiring to the fuse box (if so how)
B)If I have to use the relay's/fuses that came with the fog kit (they mount behind the dash on inside of truck). The fog kit instructions show splcing into 2 wires of the wiring harness, there are three wires on the OEM switch (that are not on a non-fog switch) so which wires to splice into the wiring harness so the factory fog switch works....purchased a wiring manual off ebay but have not recieved it, not sure it will have the details anyway.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sometimes the vehicles are already pre-wired for options such as this. Check in front and see if the wiring is already there for the OEM fogs. If it is, it might be a simple plug-and-play operation.

My '01 Jeep Cherokee was this way. Added the factory switch, and the wiring was already there. Same with the harness for the lights. All I had to do was add the relay and fuse, and they worked.

The kit comes with everything you need to install the fog lamps, lamps, bezels, wires, relays, switch. (see current ebay auction #330226524626 but I got mine for a steal of a deal @ $50).

My 01 Explorer did not have the lamp sockets/front wire harness, nor relays and fuses. It appears that the location in the fuse block for the relays is not wired up. no connectors where the relays would plug. The relays/fuses that came with the kit will not fin in the factory fuse panel and you woudl have to do major surgery to make the included wire harness work with the factory fuse panel. I will just use all the stuff that came with my kit except just splice into the new OEM swith instead of using the toggle.

Replacing the fog light assm does it require taking off the bumber?

mlp deals can you help me find that kit please i cannot find it anywhere any help would be greatly appreciated!

Si este es el mismo kit, también estoy buscando ayuda para instalar los dos cables, marrón y verde, tengo el manual pero no entiendo el último paso

IMG_20210612_215309515.jpg

IMG_20210612_215233294.jpg

Si este es el mismo kit, también estoy buscando ayuda para instalar los dos cables, marrón y verde, tengo el manual pero no entiendo el último paso

Quieres decir Foglight Cutout Relay?

Lo que quieren está representado. Luces antiniebla encendidas cuando las luces altas están encendidas. Esto me parece al revés, no quisiera que las luces altas se enciendan con luces antiniebla.

fogdiag.png
mfstap.png

Puede decidir no utilizar el segundo relé y salida de cable del primer relé directamente a las luces antiniebla.

Back