2002 ford ranger with 98 expo 5.0 and 98 f150 4406 case issues | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2002 ford ranger with 98 expo 5.0 and 98 f150 4406 case issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything is bolted up and motor runs just had exhaust put on. Prob is i dont have any wiring connected to manual t case. Also i havent put my 02 sensors in yet. Problem i am having is that the truck wont shift out of 1st all the time and when it does it doesn't come out of 2nd. Speedo doesnt work. Could the truck be in limp mode or do i have to have a vss or oss hook up to make this thing know when to shift? Im almost ready to throw awd case back in so i can drive it. You can email me a buddyumberger@gmail.com if you have any suggestions or can help. Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

First thing that comes to mind is the vss, the explorer setup will be looking for the abs signal from the rear differential, please explain what you have done with your swap so we have a better idea what it could or couldn't be

I have the 5.0 and 4r70 tranny that went with that engine. then I bought a 4406 t case. I have no connections for t case. I also used a explorer 8.8 but that has been in since before motor swap. I have deleted cats and egr. I have the connector connected to the rear end. I was told 98 expo gets its vss from a gear in the awd case. all connections that I am aware of for the transmission are connected and all connections for engine are connected. if you need to know more help me to figure out what info exactly you need

I had pats disabled with a tune along with cats and egr. I also had the tune wrote for my 37s and 4.56 gears. I swapped a couple of the wires at main harness to match the ranger and expo in order to get ranger to run. truck idles good and will reverse and go into drive fine. its just when I get to speed to go to 2nd gear it acts funny. no power at all barely will go up an incline. also speedometer does not move.

We're all parts(engine, trans, tcase) known to be in good working order before you put them in the Ranger, or were any of them unknown condition?

Engine and transmission were known to be running it was a friend of mines. Transfer case is a diff story but it does shift into 2wd and both 4wds. Im thinking i have some kinda speed signal issue or something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back