?? 2002 Hummer H2..... | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

?? 2002 Hummer H2.....

NoBoundaries

ECX Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Ellicott City, Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 XLT
Okay, I thought this was a concept, but while I was perusing eBay, I saw this: Dead Link Removed

I didn't think they were actually making it in the style of the concept. No offence, but I think the thing is ugly. You figured GM would learn from the Aztec and try to stick a little more to the main stream. I hope they are still keeping the original Hummer, anyone know?

<

Join the Elite Explorers $20 Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Explorer Girl

Reaction score
City, State
Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98
I'm not exactly a huge fan of how Hummers look in general, but that thing just pushes the outer limits of ugly!

<

Gopher

Reaction score
City, State
Westminster/Huntington Beach, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 XLT 2wd
beauty from with in? or how about beauty in the eyes of the beholder.....They need to stick to the basic..

<

felsmann

Reaction score
City, State
HB, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Explorer Sport
...pluss Jeep is suing GM for using their signature grille!

<

NoBoundaries

ECX Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Ellicott City, Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 XLT
I read about the law suit thing:

a01grills.jpg

Apparently no other car company can use a 7 slotted gille bacause it's a Jeep thing, I suppose we wouldn't understand. lol.:p

<

Gopher

Reaction score
City, State
Westminster/Huntington Beach, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 XLT 2wd
am i the only one who sees this lawsuit as petty? But i guess sueing is the new fad over stupid little things. Oh well.
hehe...could we be sued for putting a 7 bar grill on our rigs?

<

ExplorerEB96

Explorer Babe
Reaction score
City, State
Spring Hill Florida (Weeki Wachee) from Bucks County PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 EB-gone 13 Honda Pilot
:confused: :eek:

Did you actually read that???? This guy is actually selling A SPOT... he is on a waiting list to buy this thing.....soooo someone is willling to pay $18,000 just for a place in line???? hah it's not really that bad....but yellow?? comeon.... it's turning into such a yuppiemobile that it's disgusting....

Karol

<

NoBoundaries

ECX Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Ellicott City, Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 XLT
Yeah, he is only selling his spot. That's what blew my mind about it. The fact that somesone was even willing to pay an extra $18,000 for one! I believe the chassis of this thing is the same as the Suburban too. I think GM is keeping the other Hummer and making this a second model. I'm not 100% sure though.

<

rpenner54

Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Wichita KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Merc
The other hummer has to be kept unless the Government decided not to order anymore. That thing is built to their specs and can't really be changed. This hummer is a yuppie mobile that is just for the sole purpose of a general population vehicle not a military vehicle.

It is strange that someone would have enough money to throw away on a new concept vehicle. Don't these people know that the vehicle pictured is a concept and it will probably only resemble that however not look exactly like that.

<

<

D

dirt,rust&tears

I went to the Detroit Auto show this winter and saw the Hummer booth there. There were all the different model Hummers and they also had the H2's. The H2's did not look nearly as bad as the concept H2. They were a cross between the hummer and the H2. About it being a suburban chassis, I don't know. I know that the frame/suspension/offroad ability are very watered down compared to the hummer, but I don't know how much. They also had a really cool baja/prerunner looking hummer, one of their race trucks.

<

jasonb

Jackstand Wheeler
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Suwanee, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Sport 4x4
i know they are planning to make the hummers on the same chasis as the suburban, but i didn't think that was happening for the h2. not sure though. that yellow one still looks like it has quite a bit of clearance underneath, not like a suburban, but i didn't look at the images too long. i like the tires though. look like they came off of a tractor. hah

<

Phi 844

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Pinellas Park, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XLT
I just found this thread, so my comment is something that was discussed a little further up. That Jeep law suite is bs in my opinion. I don't know much about law but I do know that AM General has used a 7 slot grill on ALL of their Hummer's and not just the H2. I just think that it's kind of funny that it took [email protected]@p that long to count the slots in the Hummer's grill.

<