• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

2002+ Offroading Photos Wanted

NHarris

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Gillette, Wyoming
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 Wrangler, 08 Ranger
I did a fair amount of off roading today. Went up a mountain peak today, looked stormy towards the east but sunny towards the west. Here's some pics.
Jy-1.jpg

Jy-2.jpg

Jy-3.jpg

Jy-5.jpg

Jy-6.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Ronin8002

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 XLT Ironman
nice pics!

Nate, I was thinking of getting a hi-lift jack at some point but i was wondering if our trucks have any good jack point on them to use it? I know rocksliders would allow it pretty easily but was just curious what you have found out with the stock setup.

FLOffroad

Reaction score
City, State
Wasatch, Utah
Year, Model & Trim Level
Forester; 08 ST sold :(
Very nice pictures - I was just in Utah about 2 weeks ago and now those pictures have me wanting to go back. Utah's just awesome.

NHarris

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Gillette, Wyoming
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 Wrangler, 08 Ranger
nice pics!

Nate, I was thinking of getting a hi-lift jack at some point but i was wondering if our trucks have any good jack point on them to use it? I know rocksliders would allow it pretty easily but was just curious what you have found out with the stock setup.

My main point of it is to use it as a winch. Otherwise I'd use the wheel hoist (since I have stock wheels), the trailer hitch, or tow hooks. I'd just use the hooks I have on a chain to lift it by the tow hooks.

2Trux

Reaction score
City, State
Albuquerque, NM
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Limited V8 4X4
Could you give a closeup of the jack mount. I never thought of doing this and may want to cop your design. This would make it easier to move between my trucks.
Thanks

NHarris

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Gillette, Wyoming
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 Wrangler, 08 Ranger
Could you give a closeup of the jack mount. I never thought of doing this and may want to cop your design. This would make it easier to move between my trucks.
Thanks

Actually I did not design or build that. I have Handen Fabrication of Vail Arizona to thank for it. I just bought it off of their ebay store.
Just type in on ebay or google "hi lift trailer hitch mount"
Here's a link to the item page: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290558094803&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

The Electrician

Reaction score
City, State
Makkah
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 XLT 4WD V6
Actually I did not design or build that. I have Handen Fabrication of Vail Arizona to thank for it. I just bought it off of their ebay store.
Just type in on ebay or google "hi lift trailer hitch mount"
Here's a link to the item page: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290558094803&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Thank you Nate

I ordered mine yesterday, unfortunately it need 14 days to be fabricated and shipped because I have 1.25" hitch receiver

The Electrician

Reaction score
City, State
Makkah
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 XLT 4WD V6
Lucky me. :D

After I ordered my Hi-Lift Jack Mount for 1.25" Hitch Receiver. Handen Fabrication discontinued 1.25" version as they updated the ebay listing

NHarris

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Gillette, Wyoming
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 Wrangler, 08 Ranger
Here's some photos for you all from my latest off road run.
I1-1.jpg

I3-1.jpg

I5.jpg

I6.jpg

Pics at Inspiration Point (end of trail)
I7.jpg

I8.jpg

I10.jpg

I11.jpg

I12.jpg

I witnessed a 1970 Toyota Land Cruiser go flying over the edge of a cliff. I did stop and helped him out and got the cops up there to retreive the car.
I2-1.jpg

I feel bad for the guy. It was a very nice look land cruiser from what I could see. Modded and all.

FLOffroad

Reaction score
City, State
Wasatch, Utah
Year, Model & Trim Level
Nice photos - too bad about the LC. Those shocks still look brand new! And the axle looked all nicely painted up - that's a real shame.

NHarris

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Gillette, Wyoming
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 Wrangler, 08 Ranger
Nice photos - too bad about the LC. Those shocks still look brand new! And the axle looked all nicely painted up - that's a real shame.

The guy was drunk and high off of spice (so my friend says). That was his boss's land cruiser too. Someone is in big trouble.

FLOffroad

Reaction score
City, State
Wasatch, Utah
Year, Model & Trim Level
...Humpf...B*stard - Assuming what your friend says is true.

NHarris

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Gillette, Wyoming
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 Wrangler, 08 Ranger

gamecocks

Reaction score
City, State
Greenville, SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Eddie Bauer
Just playin in one of the small holes

Kazer

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Sneads Ferry, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Excursion PSD
nice gamecooks. glad to see youre putting those tires to good use. were you in 4hi or 4low? my ex likes to bog down in mud when in 4low even with the pedal to the floor

lynchy wa

Down Under Beer Explorer
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Albany, Western Australia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 XLT V8
Sweet as:thumbsup::thumbsup:

gamecocks

Reaction score
City, State
Greenville, SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Eddie Bauer
4 low, you gotta gear it down too mine loves 4low and 2nd

renzAy34134

Reaction score
City, State
Fort Myers Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Explorer Eddie Bauer
there is no way you could get through that with a little more speed and 2wd?

gamecocks

Reaction score
City, State
Greenville, SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Eddie Bauer
Since our ex's have 4x4 auto, itd already be in 4hi and at the end it was at least up the center caps and it was boggin me down... Plus i just wanted to get it dirty

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

renzAy34134

Reaction score
City, State
Fort Myers Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Explorer Eddie Bauer
ohh ok. Was just curious.