2002+ Offroading Photos Wanted | Page 25 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2002+ Offroading Photos Wanted

Do you have tow hooks? that will help if you get stuck. also make sure your friend have tow straps or bring your own.

Air down your tires a bit if you know you'll be driving thru soft sand.

Otherwise have fun and you might be surprised by what your 2wd will do!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

A winch would never hurt :)

x2 also stay steady on the gas just bc you feel it slip doesnt mean you have to floor it, and look for alternate trails if they go thru a deep mud hole try to go around it

For sand driving you need to drop air pressure to 15psi and momentum is your allie

Hope you enjoy your trip

62912600.jpg

Ooops....

b16dc904.jpg

doesnt look too bad from this angle but ill give the story: Went out to ride the easy gravel roads to kill some time until my body lift came in!!! haha so anyways I had a group of like 6 toyotas coming down my gravel road so instead of stopping and pulling off i just took this sandy road to the right, no prob until this, right before i got myself in this predicament it looked like a straight drop on my driver front corner so i let off the gas and stopped in these ruts. oh well i shouldnt have been such a biatch

my buddy came to find me in the dark took about 6 hrs... he had a dodge 2500 6.7L with 35" grabbers, he had to pull me in reverse and about got stuck himself he said he was pedal to the metal and got us both out.... lol thankfully no damage to the front end bc i didnt hit hard just sat down in those **** ruts

What an adventure! Good to sit around afterwards with a coldie and have a laugh. Tho' you probably weren't laughing at the time. Great pic's.

:chug: oh i was laughing at myself and youd better believe there was more than one cold unit being drank after that one lol

I have been looking into winches. I dont have tow hooks but I do have straps that Im going to hook up BEFORE I go out on my frame and wrap them around into the cab. ive been there when someone gets stucks and someone has to dive under the truck to find a spot. Real PIA. What are good winches. Last question I swear. I have been looking into some just a million out there. What do you guys have? What works what sucks?

I've heard good things about "recon" brand.

Im not the best with winches but i'd think something with 9,000lb - 9500lb rating would be fine, winches are kinda like amps the 9500 rating is max pulling power. I have a copy of FourWheeler magazine July 2011 issue their top 3 are the warn 9.5XP, 2nd superwinch EP9.0, 3rd T-Max EWI-9500

856ffefe.jpg

Great pic/pic's mate.:D:thumbsup:

Found some two tracks and county roads by the cabin.
IMAG0363.jpg

IMAG0364.jpg

Fair Dinkum mate, your X look's like my dog after he's found something 'orrible to roll around in out in the paddock!:D Fantastic pic's and heap's of fun by the look's:D:thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I did a fair amount of off roading today. Went up a mountain peak today, looked stormy towards the east but sunny towards the west. Here's some pics.
Jy-1.jpg

Jy-2.jpg

Jy-3.jpg

Jy-5.jpg

Jy-6.jpg

Back