2002 power passenger seat conversion. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2002 power passenger seat conversion.

1998rollover

Reaction score
City, State
Weiser, ID
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Mountaineer
After getting a better condition pair of grey leather seats, I was looking at the tracks and figured it shouldn't be difficult to mount the extra power track onto the passenger seat.

The main issue is the seat belt brackets are on the wrong side and not only have to be relocated, they have to be reversed. Tools required are something to cut heavy rivets. A hammer and punch. 5/16" drill bit. Power drill. A welder.

Ford provided mounting holes in the left rail on the driver's power tracks for the heavy seat belt bracket, and there's two mounting prongs on the bracket for the motor power connector and there's even a cut for the power wire in the floor mat on the right side - so WTH did Ford NOT have a power passenger seat option available?

Here's a Flickr set of 12 pictures.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/27748767@N08/19453476935/in/album-72157653184621993/

Dunno why Flickr insists on displaying them in reverse order. I numbered them 01 to 12, when I dragged them into the uploader it put them in reverse order so I dragged them all into correct order. After uploading it *again* reversed their order. So click the left arrow to go through them.

Back