2002 Ranger Edge Horn quit working | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2002 Ranger Edge Horn quit working

colorado77

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Ranger Edge V6
The horn in my 02 Ranger just quit working. I checked the fuses and there is no fuse in slot #35 and according to the manual it doesn't need one. When I press the horn button I get a clicking in the center of the dashboard. Sounds like a relay clicking on and off.

I know the horn works because I took a jumper wire straight from the battery to the horn and it works. I know the connections are good in my steering column because I took it apart and everything is fine, plus when I press the horn button I get that clicking in what I think is the horn relay.

Has anybody had this issue before? Also wondering, there is an access panel in the center of the firewall. Could this be to access this horn relay instead of having to take the entire dash out, or am I totally wrong with that thought?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

...I would think you would have a horn relay in the relay box under the hood...;)

...As long as you don't also have an airbag light/code it should just be the relay...I have had this problem with my 95 Ranger and made the mistake of getting a relay from Autozone...Do yourself a favor and if you do need a relay, don't get it at AZ as they don't last for long...

..IIRC, you can just swap relay's in the box just to test the possible bad horn relay out..:scratch:

Thanks I'm going to give that a try. I'll let you know if that fixes it for me.

Back