2002 sport trac 4.0 rough idle and hesitiation as well as stuttering? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2002 sport trac 4.0 rough idle and hesitiation as well as stuttering?

cmb7684

Reaction score
City, State
Metairie, La
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Ford Explorer ST
We bought this truck for my son while he as in school. It has a lot of upgrades from what I understand. I bought my son a new car so he is selling this one. I have been working to make it is right for a future buyer. So far we had to change the A/C system, the tires as well as the door handles.

The steering needs to be looked bc it feels squierly hen we looked at and and drove it.It seems at speed you have to wiggle your hand back and forth.

It seems the idle would fluctuate or struggle to come back and fluctuates. when hitting the gas it just stutters

Thoughts anyone?

We bought this truck for my son while he as in school. It has a lot of upgrades from what I understand. I bought my son a new car so he is selling this one. I have been working to make it is right for a future buyer. So far we had to change the A/C system, the tires as well as the door handles.

The steering needs to be looked bc it feels squierly hen we looked at and and drove it.It seems at speed you have to wiggle your hand back and forth.

It seems the idle would fluctuate or struggle to come back and fluctuates. when hitting the gas it just stutters

Thoughts anyone?
I have a 2001 sports trac that was doing almost the same thing, I took the ignition coil off and sanded the metal contacts on the bottom and also the bracket that holds the coil and it seems to have fixed the problem

I took off the iginiton coil and sanded the bracket and the coil and it seemed to fix my problem

Back