2002 XLT - Always something new | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2002 XLT - Always something new

opielab

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 XLT 4.0
Here are some pics of my 2002 XLT 4.0. I just put on the shorty antenna and took off the roof racks. (By the way, if any Ford dealer tells you changing the antenna is easy, and two steps. He's lying. It involves lifting the car, removing the passenger front wheel, all the fender splash guards, and a bit more. Not fun...)

But anyways, let me know what you think!!

IMG_0587.jpg

Anyone know where to get this piece of molding cheap? I can only imagine what Ford charges. And I don't know how this happened.

IMG_0588.jpg

IMG_0590.jpg

IMG_0594.jpg

IMG_0595.jpg

I did this myself with color-matched paint. Looks awesome in person. But you can get the picture.
IMG_0596.jpg

Did this myself too, same paint but didn't sand down the grains, looks nice.
IMG_0600.jpg

Redoing the engine pieces I did terribly wrong a few years ago. (Amazing what some practice and PATIENCE can do for painting. Haha) This is the first one I have done - the throttle body cover, and engraved my signature into it.
IMG_0602.jpg

IMG_0603.jpg

Other stuff I have done is the custom exhaust with a Magnaflow muffler, SCT Tuner, K&N Intake, Carved out throttle body, Interior LED lighting (green) in the vents and speaker covers, custom fog light covers - which also need to be repainted (accidently used an interior paint - not the best move, and more.

Again, let me know what you think!

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Could you not just unscrew the antenna from the base?

no i had actually broken off the screw part of the antenna almost two years ago. and the antenna was just kind of sitting inside the base, not screwed in. so i could just walk by pull it out and put it in. it worked, but i figured, i mine as well fix this. so because the screw was broken on the inside, i had to buy a new base, which is where the fun started.... anyways, i got a shorty because 1 its different and 2 ford wanted 36 bucks for a new one, so i laughed at them.

good job man looks good... that dash piece is pretty unique with the same color... u can get that fender molding for cheap from partstrain.com... nice job with the grille guard too... only one ive seen on here with the full guard besides mine

2456765_46_full.jpg

nice.

you can get your whispers to sit much lower . just pop them off and set them down lower but now where it is on the plastic. They will still cover the windshield fine from any rain.

good job man looks good... that dash piece is pretty unique with the same color... u can get that fender molding for cheap from partstrain.com... nice job with the grille guard too... only one ive seen on here with the full guard besides mine

Thanks man. Yeah, I've noticed the grille guard pulls the front down a little bit and makes it look a little sportier. Although, I am thinking of taking it off - not really a performance helper, haha. (Yours looks really good to btw)

I love the center piece too, it almost looks like it was meant for the car. I found it very easy to do too.

I checked partstrain.com and could not find any, have you seen it? It;'s the driver side reaer door molding piece?

-And trucku - I've never thought of moving my wipers, but I just may now that you say something, haha.

Thanks man. Yeah, I've noticed the grille guard pulls the front down a little bit and makes it look a little sportier. Although, I am thinking of taking it off - not really a performance helper, haha. (Yours looks really good to btw)

I love the center piece too, it almost looks like it was meant for the car. I found it very easy to do too.

I checked partstrain.com and could not find any, have you seen it? It;'s the driver side reaer door molding piece?

-And trucku - I've never thought of moving my wipers, but I just may now that you say something, haha.

yea i guess partstrain doesnt have it... i figured they would since they had my pieces at good prices but wutev...

thanx for the compliment... i wouldnt take the guard off if i was u... or if u do ull prolly regret it cuz itll look so much less aggressive... but nice work with the covers and such under the hood and inside the car... if ur going for looks more than performance u mite wanna consider leveling it out like i did mine with 2 extra inches up front... just some food for thought

search google for the molding piece for ur car and u should come up with some results..

Nah, I am def looking for performance more than looks. But my motto with cars has become, "show the go, but have the go you show."

Kinda corny, but I think performance and looks can and should go hand in hand.

I think it's going to get lowered rather than lifted though.

Back