2002 XLT Lifted?? Any Pics? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2002 XLT Lifted?? Any Pics?

the main punchline of all my comments r that u can basically do the same things ground clearance wise without a bodylift as u can with one besides the fact that u may be able to squeeze a 285 in there

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

big apple do you have your old coils handy? can you measure them for me legnth and width. ive used spacers from other cars in the past were lifts were not available and modified shock mounts.

funny u ask that... i could look into it for u but rite now my friend rigged them on his isuzo trooper to give him more clearance in the back since theyre heavy duty... next time i meet up with him i can get the measurements for u though... and if i was u, i would order custom springs.. very much worth it

94155.jpg

lifted02side.jpg

What did you do to yours to make it look that?

no one on this site did thosse... theyre from a dealership and they just posted the pics... they probably took a ranger body lift and makeshifted it to fit the explorer... i think it looks crappy with all that frame but hey man if u wanna go to the trouble then do wut u want

yeah, i have the same issue, except with my '04... no lift and custom jobs are mad expensive. as for exhaust, i'd just straight pipe it. go with a y and 3" tips. sounds sexy as hell.

yeah, i have the same issue, except with my '04... no lift and custom jobs are mad expensive. as for exhaust, i'd just straight pipe it. go with a y and 3" tips. sounds sexy as hell.

Welcome to 2006.

body lifts are pointless, not gaing any clearance unless u got spacers and tires which i am now tucking 285s on my styock ex all u need is a little grinding and cut out parts of the wheel well

DirtDigger i want to see ur stock x with 33s.
must have done alot of trimming
lets see some pics

body lifts are pointless, not gaing any clearance unless u got spacers and tires which i am now tucking 285s on my styock ex all u need is a little grinding and cut out parts of the wheel well

285/75's?

285 means nothing...it's the second # which is your overall ratio.

I'd rather show my 285's than "tuck" them, this isn't a street mod thread. I'm pretty sure my body lift isn't really pointless when it comes to flexing my truck...in fact, it comes in quite handy considering the amount of space I have between my tires and my fender well.

You may be able to "tuck" your 285's and turn them after you did significant trimming, but I doubt you have any room for suspension travel.

Back