2003 1/2 model? takes 2004 parts??? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2003 1/2 model? takes 2004 parts???

metalmilitia

Reaction score
City, State
B'ham, Al
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Explorer XLS 2wd
I have a 2003 XLS 2wd with a manufacture date of 7/03. went to change the brakes a couple weeks ago & ordered 2003 pads & rotors. got them home & they didnt work, turned out I needed 2004 model parts. apparently the hub assembly changed to the sealed hub on the 2004 model and thats what my later 2003 model has. my question is what other parts will be different? I have to replace the control arms & ball joints & dont want to be running back & forth swapping out parts using the trial & error method. would also be interested in knowing what else is different for future repairs as I plan on keeping this truck for as long as I can. no idea where to find this info or even how to search for an answer really. I know someone here has had to have run into this before. thanks for any help you guys can give me.

Welcome aboard!! :salute:

Go to www.fordpartsgiant.com and enter your VIN. You can then search for parts that are specific to your Ex. That way you will know what parts are required!!

Hope this helps out. :biggthump

Back