• Register Today It's free!

2003 B2300 Door Lock Cylinders

parableguy

Reaction score
City, State
Greenwood
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Mazda B2300
I have a 2003 Mazda B2300 Extended Cab pickup. For some reason, my keys no longer lock or unlock the passenger side door. I want to replace the lock cylinder, but I cannot find a replacement. Every auto parts store I have checked online says their 2003 Ford Ranger door lock cylinders will not work with my B2300. If I search for 2003 B2300 door lock cylinders, nothing comes up except Ford Ranger parts, then I'm told they won't fit a 2003 Mazda B2300. Can anyone give me some info on what will fit a 2003 B2300? Is there another Ford Ranger door lock cylinder from a different year that will work? I'm at my wit's end. Thank you.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The only differences between an 03 Mazda truck and an 03 Ranger should be cosmetic. I can’t imagine Ford would use a different part.
Maybe try buying at a local parts store and do a visual comparison?

Did you try soaking the lock cylinder in WD40 or some sort of penetrating oil? My key cylinders were all frozen in my mountaineer, and a few shots of WD freed them up.

I used wd-40 like mr brooks said to get them freed up
I then used silicone spray as dry lube
I also did every lock and latch on the truck for good measure

Yeah, they’ll definitely need an appropriate lube after, but the wd40 is great for the sale and corrosion.

Did you try soaking the lock cylinder in WD40 or some sort of penetrating oil? My key cylinders were all frozen in my mountaineer, and a few shots of WD freed them up.
I haven't removed the lock cylinder yet, but I will definitely try that. I only know that both of my keys do nothing now in that door lock. It's as if I'm using keys that do not belong to my truck. One key is fairly new, and it was made by a locksmith using my truck's serial number and programmed by the locksmith while his laptop was connected to my truck's ECM. I'm wondering, has anyone here ever tried spraying PB Blaster into a door lock?

I haven't removed the lock cylinder yet, but I will definitely try that. I only know that both of my keys do nothing now in that door lock. It's as if I'm using keys that do not belong to my truck. One key is fairly new, and it was made by a locksmith using my truck's serial number and programmed by the locksmith while his laptop was connected to my truck's ECM. I'm wondering, has anyone here ever tried spraying PB Blaster into a door lock?
Is the key not moving/turning at all? Or is the door servo MOTOR not reacting?

No need to remove it. Squirt it in the keyhole with a straw.

Haha, must be same part since they all suffer this malady. Never tried the lube, just waited some time (up to a year) and they started working again.

Could try this trick: Apply and hold torque to the key in the unlock direction while also applying centrigugal force (in a circular motion) rotating the force in the opposite direction of the applied torque 1-2 sec per rotation. If not stuck really bad, it should unlock after three or fewer rotations of the force, 10 or so at the worst.

If it doesn't budge, try reversing the torque and the force rotation direction. They key may turn then, but it won't unlock. Then from that locked key position, flick it back as if to unlock instantly and hold it where it stops -- don't allow to "bounce." Then repeat the original unlock drill.

If still no luck, there's either lube or wait.

The puzzle here is the cause. When mine have quit -- or resumed -- working, they've done so suddenly, without degradation or improvement of operation as an indicator. Maybe an extended stuck pin in the mechanism, don't know. Sure is aggravating though, especially when fiddling around with it while getting hammered by bad weather. Eh, maybe try the lube.

The problem is the tumblers get crusty. Forcing it open is unlikely, and if it works you’ll simply break something.

Is the key not moving/turning at all? Or is the door servo MOTOR not reacting?
I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think my B2300 has servo motors in the doors. As far as I know, the door locks only work with keys. I've never had an electronic key fob for the truck.

I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think my B2300 has servo motors in the doors. As far as I know, the door locks only work with keys. I've never had an electronic key fob for the truck.
No central locking? My bad sry

Back