2003 Eddy Bauer Stock Stereo sounds like Crap? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2003 Eddy Bauer Stock Stereo sounds like Crap?

caffine27

Reaction score
City, State
Toronto, Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Explorer
This is my second 2003 Eddy Bauer and the new Stereo seem to be much crapier than the last stereo I had in my other Eddy Bauer. They are both factory decks and look the same, but certainly don't sound the same?

Did they put different stereos in the 2003 Ford Explorer Eddy Bauer Edition? If so does anyone know where I can get the best stereo they put in a 2003 Eddy Bauer?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

How are the speakers in the truck usually it's not the actual face but the other hardware are they cracked or distorted? Turn up the bass and listen for cutout if so change the speakers, not a big expense for a set of speakers all around...Go to best buy cuircut city or any other stereo store near u and price them out. Almost guarentee the stereo will be back to norm. Good luck

Turn your bass and treble both all the way up. Only way to make a Ford stereo sound really good IMHO... :D

my EB came with the basic radio, yea it sounded like poo.
Check the model numbers on the back of the radio. You may have had the premium or the Audiophile with the sub.
For mine i wanted to keep the Steering wheel and rear DVD so i added the OEM Audiophile and sub to mine with speaker upgrades. Sounds a lot better.
here are some old posts of mine
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204211&highlight=audiophile
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=246610&highlight=audiophile
hopefully it helps.

Thanks Gents.

It's not the Bass, Treble or Speakers. It's the Stereo.

Can anyone tell me the part numbers for
a)2003 Ford Explorer Premium Stereo
b)2003 Ford Explorer Audiophile Stereo
c)Subwoofer that accompanies the Audiophile Stereo.

Thanks

Frankly, you would be sooooo much farther ahead by simply installing an aftermarket stereo. There are wiring, and mounting kits that make it basically, a plug, and play arrangement. But, I wouldn't stop there. I would, at least, install a decent set of aftermarket speakers in the front doors.

I could make some suggestions as to what to get, and why. But, it usually takes the thread off on a tangent. If you care to go that way, you can PM me.

Back