• Register Today It's free!

2003 ex BTF arm trouble

Galzrabar

Reaction score
City, State
Norfolk Va
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 Explorer XLS 4.0 300k
Hey guys, this is my first post and I ha e been utilizing the experience and info from this thread for many months. It has led me to fabricate the 3 inch ranger lift kit and get tons of after market parts on my 2003 ford explorer 4.0 2WD that has 315,000 miles on it all stock drive train parts.

I have ran into many hiccups and overcome them but this one is bothering me that i cant find a fix for online. My new spacers are in from BTF and I have installed them in the front and am currently working on the UCA as well. After getting them on my rig i noticed that they were immediately pulled to my strut coil and will not move but more troubling than that, the ball joint nut under the steering knuckle turns freely(i believe that i ran out of threads at the top of the joint assembly). It is as if i need to shim the underside of the ball joint assembly which i do not think is safe. Also since it is slammed to the coil i noticed many of you recommended limit straps but it seems as if i wouldnt be able to run the truck at all without them.

Thank you for any assistance you more experienced folk could give me.

Back