2003 Explorer 4.0....where does this line go? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2003 Explorer 4.0....where does this line go?

Tim Westlake

Reaction score
City, State
Bradenton, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Ford Explorer XLT
Ok...just got done doing new wires and plugs. When clipping on the last wiring harness, I noticed a rogue vacuum line just dangling there. I cannot find where it hooks up to. Whatever it hooks up to need to be fixed as the plastic nipple the hose slipped onto....is still in the end of this hose.

I was going to drive around in a Wal-Mart parking lot and maybe find someone that has a similar year, and maybe ask them to pop their hood. But, living in Florida, I might get shot.

explorer1.jpg

explorer2.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think I found it....there is a really small grey line coming out of the passenger side firewall. It's the only thing in that vicinity that it could possibly be. I'll hook it up to that and see what happens.

Yep...that was it. The line was in fact broken off in the nipple. Being gray......I thought it was metallic. Once I dug it out, could tell it was plastic. The Florida heat turns any cheap plastic to dust.....or makes it so brittle that taking it apart breaks it....ie door panel retainers, hoses, body trim....etc

Back