2003 Explorer need tire(s) How many?? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2003 Explorer need tire(s) How many??

allsounds

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 XLT
I hit a pothole this weekend in my 2003 Explorer 4 door NBX and my tire not only got flat but came pretty much off the rim (rear drivers side). I was surprised to find the full size 17" spare with the same rim under my truck :thumbsup:

I heard on a 4 wheel drive if I replace one tire I need to replace the other, is this true?

Thanks

Matt

I hit a pothole this weekend in my 2003 Explorer 4 door NBX and my tire not only got flat but came pretty much off the rim (rear drivers side). I was surprised to find the full size 17" spare with the same rim under my truck :thumbsup:

I heard on a 4 wheel drive if I replace one tire I need to replace the other, is this true?

Thanks

Matt

How much tread do you have on the rest of the tires? If its close to being new, I'd say get 1 but if your at 1/2 of its life or less, just get 4 new ones.

How much tread do you have on the rest of the tires? If its close to being new, I'd say get 1 but if your at 1/2 of its life or less, just get 4 new ones.

I will check into that, thanks! I know the tires are less than a year old.

Back