• Register Today It's free!

2003 Explorer Sport FX4

2003 Ford Explorer Sport FX4

• Build the FX4 Explorer Sport

Votes: 163 95.3%
  • Do not build a FX4 Explorer Sport

Votes: 8 4.7%

• Total voters
The Jeep Wrangler Rubicon is sporting 31" MTRs. It has Dana 44s front and rear as well as lockers front and rear. It also has a 4:1 4lo. It was tested in Tellico . It has 4 wheel disc brakes, diamond plated sill guards, 16" "Moab" cast aluminum wheels, skid plates, heavy-duty driveshaft assembly and the 4.0L I6. All this information was taken out of the most recent issue of "Jeep News" magazine.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

While we're dreaming of a Bronco, I want coils on all 4 corners.

The Jeep Wrangler Rubicon is sporting 31" MTRs. It has Dana 44s front and rear as well as lockers front and rear. It also has a 4:1 4lo. It was tested in Tellico . It has 4 wheel disc brakes, diamond plated sill guards, 16" "Moab" cast aluminum wheels, skid plates, heavy-duty driveshaft assembly and the 4.0L I6. All this information was taken out of the most recent issue of "Jeep News" magazine.

ok89, you're right on those 31's I am not sure why I was thinking it was 35's. Wishful thinking, I guess.

how bout an explorer sport fx4 built like that jeep grand cherokee overland or whatever. sold axles, rock sliders that would actually do the job, and look good at the same time. v8 .. rear locker..

Boats I agree. What is the one thing everyone should have no matter what kinda wheelin they do? Protection.
Skid plates all around, tow points, rock sliders. These are kinda a PITA for all of us and get spendy, while factory it would be cheap to produce and install these options. I know I'm spending a bunch of money on skid protection and it's not fun, I wish it could go elsewhere. But Ford did give ME factory skid plates on my gas tank, probably cause it's a limited and you know how much those limited yuppies go and bash the rocks.(I know certain EB's and XLT's came with skids as well but I have yet to figure out how this was decided.)

:hammer:

I have plenty of scrape marks on my XLT gas tank skid plate and several dents in my front differential thank you very much...and I don't live within 200 miles of a ROCK, STONE, OR PEBBLE.

why not make a 2 door expedition with a short wheel base a ns straight axle front end? i wouldnt mind them calling that a bronco.

I dont think thats gonna happen... even the expedition is going irs... =\ As for putting 17" rims on the truck screw that what a waste. Ford doesnt exactly do a good job with there 4x4s A friend of min just bought a 97 stx its got a BIG airdamn with lights in it. I dont think ford designed thier vehicles for offroading they designed them so they look like they CAN go offroading... well to the casual observer not us hardcore guys :)

AND A V8-302!!!!

in a "sport" <~ A Dream Come True

IMO

its to bad ford doesnt make the 302 any more :(

I'm In!

How bout that I6 they used to put in the f-150, that would give a good deal of power to a 2 door X. But the 302 would have more bolt ons I guess.

If I didn't have so much tied up in mine and they made this I would proly buy one. But you know they will make it and jack up the price another 5 -10 K from the outrageous price that they already are.

Ah guys, im gonna have to say im out... I dont feel they should make a car just for off roading or jus for streeting...... Let the people make their mods and make it into what they want.

I think they should build it.

At least make some effort to acknowledge off road people.

(That goes the other way too, I would also be in favor of Ford building a street version, just to acknowledge the street people outthere.)

I ALSO SAY GO FOR IT... I WOULD BUY ONE... AND MY LEASE IS UP IN 2003 =)

I ALSO SAY GO FOR IT... I WOULD BUY ONE... AND MY LEASE IS UP IN 2003 =)

i think they should build it. ford's fallen behind in that area once they lost the bronco and went ifs in the xplorer

Just out of curiosity:

To the people who voted "no" in the poll, why not?

I said no because i think ford is to dumb to get it right. :rolleyes: just look at the nbx 4dr explorer.

Better not to try at all than to try and fail:rolleyes:

All they would have needed to do is offer the same equipment as what they offer on the FX4 Ranger and it would have been a done deal. We would have benefited from a more capable Explorer and they would have benefited by offering a new product without having to retool ANYTHING.

Originally posted by Namitey
just look at the nbx 4dr explorer.

The nbx Explorer?

Originally posted by Rick
Better not to try at all than to try and fail:rolleyes:

I assume that's sarcasm...?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes the 2003 4dr No Boundaries edition eXplorer. it of course has struts and independant suspension instead of a solid axle. well what ford did was put over sized tires on it with front tow hooks and skid plates. Theyre completely worthless on the new explorers. Theyre closer to cars than to trucks imho.

The only way i could see offering a FX4 explorer would be id they offered that package on the 2dr or the sport trac. But with the way ford feels about the explorer name a package like that would never be offered with either vehicle. From what i hear you cant even go on tirerack and order non standard size tires for explorers.

Back