2003 Explorer with a check engine light. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2003 Explorer with a check engine light.

sheri5665

Reaction score
City, State
NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
'03 Explorer
Hi. This is my first time on this site and I am hoping to get some help. I have an '03 Explorer and a couple of weeks ago the service engine light started to flash. After a couple of minutes it turned off. At first it was after accelleration then traffic. Now it is happening more frequently and at different times. when light is on, the trucks seems to run rough but is fine when light goes off. My husband has checked for codes but nothing turns up. The second problem I am having is that at odd times after a few seconds to a few minutes, I hear a 5 second noise. It sounds like something is caught in a fan sound. The car can be in park or drive when this happens. It doesnt happen often. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to this forum! I've renamed your thread, and moved it into the EEC-V section. What kind of scanner is being used to retrieve the codes? There has to be a code stored if you see a check engine light.

My husband used the Launch C reader. It is an intermittant problem. By the time he hooks the scanner up there are no codes. And thank you for moving my post. I am still trying to figure things out.

Did you ever find out what the problem was? I'm having the same issue as you minus the 5 second noise. Also where do you hook up the computer scanner?

Back