2003 Ford Explore fuel pump not engaged | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2003 Ford Explore fuel pump not engaged

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Check for power at fuel pump connection
Yes

Look for another in the frame rail follow the fuel pump wires all the way to the front of the truck checking for power along the way
At this point if all you say has been checked then you must have a faulty connector or a broken wire

Yes

Look for another in the frame rail follow the fuel pump wires all the way to the front of the truck checking for power along the way
At this point if all you say has been checked then you must have a faulty connector or a broken wire
Continuity check. I agree

Yes there s i think three connectors back there around fuel pump, at least on mine, as if you could take about 2ft of the fuel pump harness out of the truck.

No but follow that wire harness back should be one
Mine is in front of the gas tank
That connector runs everything on the back of the truck basically lights ect.
Looked and still no luck. My husband is a mechanic and we’ve tried everything....
is it worth trying to find a shop?

I'm not sure I've always just fixed thing's myself
But sounds like you don't have much of a choice

I'm not sure if it was suggested to check for fuel pump power at the computer while cranking the engine
Did you try to jumper the relay

Donalds has a good point! IF all the wiring is good, Has been a verified good pump by applying 12v to it, something isnt telling the pump to run.

Back