2003 Ford Explore fuel pump not engaged | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2003 Ford Explore fuel pump not engaged

Dredus

Reaction score
City, State
St. Louis, Missouri
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Ford Explore
Have replaced almost everything I can think of and will not start

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Can we get some more information? What motor, wont crank, cant hear fuel pump run ect ect?

Have replaced almost everything I can think of and will not start
Did you check the enertia switch under passenger glove box? If it's tripped the fuel pump will turn on

Did you check the enertia switch under passenger glove box? If it's tripped the fuel pump will turn on
Have replaced twice thinking the first was damaged when bought

What about fuel pump relay under hood? Can swap with ac relay for testing.

Can we get some more information? What motor, wont crank, cant hear fuel pump run ect ect?
Can not Hear fuel pump have replaced pump twice. Spark plugs changed. Battery cables Throttlebody and more

So the problem is indeed your fuel pump is not kicking on correct? Everything else works as it should? All the dings and lights come on it rolls over when cranking? Does it even try to spit at you or does nothing but roll over?

So the problem is indeed your fuel pump is not kicking on correct? Everything else works as it should? All the dings and lights come on it rolls over when cranking? Does it even try to spit at you or does nothing but roll over?
Yes en
Yes the
So the problem is indeed your fuel pump is not kicking on correct? Everything else works as it should? All the dings and lights come on it rolls over when cranking? Does it even try to spit at you or does nothing but roll o
So the problem is indeed your fuel pump is not kicking on correct? Everything
yes it turns but you don’t hear the two second hum for the fuel pump

Well if you have already done the relays and the switch, the only things left is wiring and the pump itself. Bout the only things left to check. You could hook power to the pump direct to test it.

Well if you have already done the relays and the switch, the only things left is wiring and the pump itself. Bout the only things left to check. You could hook power to the pump direct to test it.
Have bought and wired two fuel pumps wiring is done but not engaging

I'd start looking for a burnt connector

I'd start looking for a burnt connector
I’ve searched nothing looks burnt.
When it stopped over a year ago I was at a red light when I moved on green accelerator didn’t go fast and with in minutes lost power

Next to the gas tank in the frame rail
May be one there

Are you referring

Are you referring to one on the fuel pump
No but follow that wire harness back should be one
Mine is in front of the gas tank
That connector runs everything on the back of the truck basically lights ect.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back