2003 Ford Explorer Heated/Memory Seats Problem | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2003 Ford Explorer Heated/Memory Seats Problem

29Rat

Reaction score
City, State
“Optional”
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Explorer Eddie Bauer
2003 Ford Explorer, Eddie Bauer, 4.0L V6, Automatic

*Background Information:*

- So I purchased this car used many months ago, and heated seats (both sides) have never worked. The light on the buttons and the heat do not come on.

- The seat also has a lower seat cushion tilt and (I believe) lumbar, but both of those motors do not move the seat, you can hear the motor move, but I believe the gear is stripped, causing the actual movement of the seat inop.

*Problem:*

- The other day the driver seat memory wouldn't work either, and neither would the movement of the driver's seat. The light, along with the buttons themselves, for the memory seat button on the door was inop., and the pedal up/down was also inop.

*Actions Taken:*

- I presumed it might be a fuse, so I removed and tested all the fuses, engine bay, and under dash, and none of the fuses were bad. Directly after testing the fuses, I moved the car, and the seat memory worked, but the heat still did not work.

*Questions:*

- I read about a splice somewhere that supplies power to both the heated seats that tends to corrode, but they didn't say where that splice was, just a wire number. A wiring diagram would be nice.

- By pulling the fuses, and having the seat memory to now work I assume I "reset" a module by removing power to it. What module might this be, where would it be located, and any way of testing said module? And might that module also control the heated seats?

Any insight to this would be greatly appreciated!

This is outta of the ford wiring service manual for the 04. I hope this helps.
expseat.jpeg
expseat2.jpeg
seatground.jpeg.jpeg

Back