2003 Ford Explorer Sport XLT (2Door) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2003 Ford Explorer Sport XLT (2Door)

Taylor604

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Ford Explorer
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum. I finally got myself a decent truck from the Auction. I was curious about a few things though, and figured I would stop by here and ask a few questions.

To start off, the vehicle is in pretty Damn good shape and I bought it for 1200$. So I cant complain. However there is a couple things I'd like to fix.

#1: my front bumper had been backed into. I have checked the frame, and there isn't any major damage done. It looks like the plastic has more or less cracked and now it doesn't sit right. This also goes for my hood. It doesn't sit perfect, but it isn't that bad.

#2: my rear window wiper doesn't seem to work.. It will spray, but it doesn't move whatsoever when I turn it on to wipe. I am assuming I need to replace the motor in the rear wiper. Is that correct?

#3: I really like this truck and would love for it to have a little lift. What is the cheapest route to do so? I wouldn't mind a few inches along with new suspension. Please help me out!

(Pics below)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Pics are not showing up.

You might wanna check the 2nd gen section about a lift for it. Even though it's an 03, it is based off the 2nd gen frame so it's a whole different truck. For your front end body panels I would find a donor Explorer Sport and swap them if it bugs you. For your rear wiper motor I would check any wires between the door/door frame to make sure they aren't frayed. You can also check to make sure the motor has power going to it.

please take a look at this link, it has my pictures included..

you need to copy and paste this link, and keep in mind i put a space inbetween explorer and talk so i could post it.

http://www.explorer talk.com/forums/f43/2003-ford-explorer-sport-xlt-48369/#post392249

so just delete the space between explorer & talk

turns out my 03 sport explorer xlt is actually a 02'.. would that bumper work for my sport, or do i have to stick with a sport model 02

Back