• Register Today It's free!

2003 Ford Explorer XLS

DLIDDYFL

Reaction score
City, State
Orlando, Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Explorer XLS
I have a 2003 XLS Explorer with 4.0 Liter SHOC and the 5 speed auto. I'm just now starting to work on it. I have the Bama flasher on order, K&N air filter, Billet grill and bumper grill, new step rails and New rims and tires. By the way, goodyear fortura with silent armor are awsome!!! So, does anyone know where I can find leather power seats, interior door skins, and new stock pillars covers? Also, does anyone have advise for headers and exhaust? What does a throttle body spacer do anyway? Is it good for my truck?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I wouldn't recommend a throttle body spacer. The really don't do anything. JBA for the headers, I sell bolt on cat-back systems and if you just want a muffler I sell that too. The bolt on cat backs are your best bet.. Contact me if you are interested. While you are at it I would recommend the ASP underdrive pulley, it is a very worthwhile investment. You will definately feel this as well. I sell these too.. Just shoot me a pm or email if interested or have any questions.

Sorry it took awhile to get back to you, I've been out of town, anyway, what is an underdrive pulley, why will I feel that, and how much does it cost?

Alright every1, I'm kinda gettin frustrated here. I know there are a ton of upgrades and performance things to do to my truck. The problem I'm having is doing the research!! Where do I find steel braided brake lines for a 2003 Explorer? What are the performance gains of an underdrive pulley? Is that something I should before an exhaust system or later? Eventually I will get around to all of it, I just want to do it in an order that makes sense, and the most for my money. By the way, for anyone reading this, I LOVE MY EXPLORER!! This will be my first modification adventure. I just don't want to make a bunch of stupid and sometimes costly mistakes. ( I already fell for the resistor over the air mass sensor trick. Only cost me twelve bucks, but I still felt stupid afterwards. And how do I load some pictures of my truck on here? Do I have to become an " Elite Explorer" ? Are there any beny's for being one? I'll shut up now. Yeah, I have more questions, but this is starting to look like an article for the Sun Times. This does look like a good forum for Explorer truck owners. Thanks to every1 in advance for your help.

Alright every1, I'm kinda gettin frustrated here. I know there are a ton of upgrades and performance things to do to my truck. The problem I'm having is doing the research!! Where do I find steel braided brake lines for a 2003 Explorer? What are the performance gains of an underdrive pulley? Is that something I should before an exhaust system or later? Eventually I will get around to all of it, I just want to do it in an order that makes sense, and the most for my money. By the way, for anyone reading this, I LOVE MY EXPLORER!! This will be my first modification adventure. I just don't want to make a bunch of stupid and sometimes costly mistakes. ( I already fell for the resistor over the air mass sensor trick. Only cost me twelve bucks, but I still felt stupid afterwards. And how do I load some pictures of my truck on here? Do I have to become an " Elite Explorer" ? Are there any beny's for being one? I'll shut up now. Yeah, I have more questions, but this is starting to look like an article for the Sun Times. This does look like a good forum for Explorer truck owners. Thanks to every1 in advance for your help.

Sir, The performance gains of a pulley is around 12-16hp(conservative crank hp)and equal torque. I would do the pulley first then a cold air intake followed by exhaust and headers, then tune. You do not have to become a elite explorer but it is good to become a active member because of the site support. I really encourage it. As far as the resistor mod undo it and return the vehicle back to its stock state it is garbage. I cant begin to even explain how important the MAF is and how I wouldn't tamper with this sensor with gimmicks. I am a authorized vendor on these forums. I can supply you with all the parts you will need and my prices are competitive. With your support to me helps me with support to this site as well. -James

Back