2003 Ford Explorer XLS | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

2003 Ford Explorer XLS

DLIDDYFL

Reaction score
City, State
Orlando, Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Explorer XLS
I have a 2003 XLS Explorer with 4.0 Liter SHOC and the 5 speed auto. I'm just now starting to work on it. I have the Bama flasher on order, K&N air filter, Billet grill and bumper grill, new step rails and New rims and tires. By the way, goodyear fortura with silent armor are awsome!!! So, does anyone know where I can find leather power seats, interior door skins, and new stock pillars covers? Also, does anyone have advise for headers and exhaust? What does a throttle body spacer do anyway? Is it good for my truck?

<

Join the Elite Explorers $20 Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

jah81592

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Corner, AL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Explorer Sport
I wouldn't recommend a throttle body spacer. The really don't do anything. JBA for the headers, I sell bolt on cat-back systems and if you just want a muffler I sell that too. The bolt on cat backs are your best bet.. Contact me if you are interested. While you are at it I would recommend the ASP underdrive pulley, it is a very worthwhile investment. You will definately feel this as well. I sell these too.. Just shoot me a pm or email if interested or have any questions.

<

DLIDDYFL

Reaction score
City, State
Orlando, Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Explorer XLS
Sorry it took awhile to get back to you, I've been out of town, anyway, what is an underdrive pulley, why will I feel that, and how much does it cost?

<

DLIDDYFL

Reaction score
City, State
Orlando, Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Explorer XLS
Alright every1, I'm kinda gettin frustrated here. I know there are a ton of upgrades and performance things to do to my truck. The problem I'm having is doing the research!! Where do I find steel braided brake lines for a 2003 Explorer? What are the performance gains of an underdrive pulley? Is that something I should before an exhaust system or later? Eventually I will get around to all of it, I just want to do it in an order that makes sense, and the most for my money. By the way, for anyone reading this, I LOVE MY EXPLORER!! This will be my first modification adventure. I just don't want to make a bunch of stupid and sometimes costly mistakes. ( I already fell for the resistor over the air mass sensor trick. Only cost me twelve bucks, but I still felt stupid afterwards. And how do I load some pictures of my truck on here? Do I have to become an " Elite Explorer" ? Are there any beny's for being one? I'll shut up now. Yeah, I have more questions, but this is starting to look like an article for the Sun Times. This does look like a good forum for Explorer truck owners. Thanks to every1 in advance for your help.

<

jah81592

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Corner, AL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Explorer Sport
Alright every1, I'm kinda gettin frustrated here. I know there are a ton of upgrades and performance things to do to my truck. The problem I'm having is doing the research!! Where do I find steel braided brake lines for a 2003 Explorer? What are the performance gains of an underdrive pulley? Is that something I should before an exhaust system or later? Eventually I will get around to all of it, I just want to do it in an order that makes sense, and the most for my money. By the way, for anyone reading this, I LOVE MY EXPLORER!! This will be my first modification adventure. I just don't want to make a bunch of stupid and sometimes costly mistakes. ( I already fell for the resistor over the air mass sensor trick. Only cost me twelve bucks, but I still felt stupid afterwards. And how do I load some pictures of my truck on here? Do I have to become an " Elite Explorer" ? Are there any beny's for being one? I'll shut up now. Yeah, I have more questions, but this is starting to look like an article for the Sun Times. This does look like a good forum for Explorer truck owners. Thanks to every1 in advance for your help.

Sir, The performance gains of a pulley is around 12-16hp(conservative crank hp)and equal torque. I would do the pulley first then a cold air intake followed by exhaust and headers, then tune. You do not have to become a elite explorer but it is good to become a active member because of the site support. I really encourage it. As far as the resistor mod undo it and return the vehicle back to its stock state it is garbage. I cant begin to even explain how important the MAF is and how I wouldn't tamper with this sensor with gimmicks. I am a authorized vendor on these forums. I can supply you with all the parts you will need and my prices are competitive. With your support to me helps me with support to this site as well. -James

<