• Register Today It's free!

2003 Ford Sport Trax

Michael Karr

Reaction score
City, State
illinois
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 sport trax
We have a 2003 sport trax,,,I have put new brakes and rotors all the way around. I have never had any lines open. There are no leaks,or brake lights on. Here is my problem sometimes when I put the brakes on it will flutter and go to the floor. Sometimes it may fill hard at frist push of the pedal. This does not happen all the time,although I have noticed it more often lately. Any help would be greatful,,Mike

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

We have a 2003 sport trax,,,I have put new brakes and rotors all the way around. I have never had any lines open. There are no leaks,or brake lights on. Here is my problem sometimes when I put the brakes on it will flutter and go to the floor. Sometimes it may fill hard at frist push of the pedal. This does not happen all the time,although I have noticed it more often lately. Any help would be greatful,,Mike

I believe you posted this in the wrong forum.

that sounds like a master cylinder problem, but do you have an abs light on when the problem ocurs, or does the abs go active

ABS could be false activating, does it happen when you are almost to a complete stop?

Back