2003 Mounty Seat Heater Button Bad. Does entire Seat have to come out to replace? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2003 Mounty Seat Heater Button Bad. Does entire Seat have to come out to replace?

seank80

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Mountaineer
As the title states I have a 2003 Mounty where the seat heater stays on all the time. Happened out of no where. Pass side is fine so I am going to assume it's the switch. I had the switch unplugged for the summer but now that the temps are dropping in the Northeast I would like to fix it. I see no way to get in there to get the old switch out. Does anybody have any pointers or am I stuck with removing the entire seat for one damn switch? Thanks.

Sean

you don't have to remove the seat, just the side cover. On my '04 with power seats, both the recline knob and the lumbar adjustment just pull off; there are 1-2 screws along the bottom of the cover, then 1 screw that you reach from the back of the seat; also you need to remove the lumbar adjust (white thing) 2 screws there; then it just lifts up and out.
I was kinda of lucky, i wanted to see what was wrong with the switch so i carefully separated the two sides; more or less i inadvertently 'fixed' it by messing around with the spring rocker assembly, its a really weak mechanism.

Back