• Register Today It's free!

2003 Sport Trac Center Console

Todd Sour

Reaction score
City, State
Santa Rosa, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Sport Trac XLS
So a while ago I had my car broken into and in the act the dirt bags snagged that goofy center console bag, and also broke the armrest of its hinges.
I've found replacement brackets for the arm reset, but replacements for the bag seem absurdly high.
Has anyone here done something creative to replace that goofy storage bag? Thanks for any ideas.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If the salvage yard has not taken mine when I get home I will snag the bag from it. Mine was totaled out.

Paul. Is that Dorman replacement the entire lid or just the plastic "close out panel" that is inside the OEM lid?

I had the lid recovered on the wifes '02 S/T and they lost the screws that retain the plastic "close out panel". I purchased some used screws from a member here. I gave the screws to the upholster shop and they showed me the plastic "close out panel" The plastic is cracked around the screw holes. I got the lid reinstalled but I'm not happy with the "cheap" OEM plastics.

Oh well.... what should I expect with a 14 y.o. car????

The Dorman arm rest part is a steel stamping with hinge connection that replaces the bottom plastic piece that Ford designed for this. It includes screws.

It is easy to change and is much stronger than the OEM design. Mine was broken when I acquired my truck. Now it looks and feels new.

It also enables the use of the slide out drink holder in the rear of the flip up console.

I found a plastic storage container at Dollar Tree that fits reasonably well, but doesn't have the slant the bag has. I later found a bag from an Explorer that I have no plans to use. I assume it's the same as the Sport Trac bag except it says Explorer on it. I bought it cheap, and would sell it for a reasonable price.

Back