2003 Sport Trac dash lights replacement | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2003 Sport Trac dash lights replacement

sljkansas

Reaction score
City, State
Miami County, Kansas
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 Sport Trac
HELP 2003 Sport Trac dash lights replacement

The dash (cluster) lights have been burning out over time. It's to the point
I need to replace most of them now. Can anybody tell me if they are all 194 bubs and how many I need?

I have found two treads that have detailed instructions on how to get the cluster out to change them, just want to make sure I have enough and the right bulbs before I start.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Dash lights

Yes they are the 194 bulbs and I have just replaced mine, total of 6.
Easy to do.

Vans8
Thank you very much. If the weather here ever breaks, and I can get a cleared weekend, I'll get it done. Did you use the instructions found on this forum?

Instrument pod

No I was unable to disassemble the replacement pod so I unhocked the shift wire from under the steering column. Took about an hour, took time to clean parts while I was in there. I was able to remove the pod with the lense attached but had to remove the lense to fit it back in.

the hardest part once you get to the cluster, is unclipping the gear indicator.
Trying to unclip both sides of the indicator and pulling out when there's nothing to grab and pull it is hard. Maybe put some tape on it, so when you unclip it, there's something to pull it out with.

The instructions found on the forum somewhere are good, and work....they should be stickied (was just searching for the thread today).

Back