6000K License Plate Lights
Blacked out headlights w/ amber corners
Tinted tail lights & third brake light
================
Audio
================
Alpine CDA-9856 Headunit
2 12" Pioneers

My friends and I got really ambitious the past few days and we decided to black out my Explorer. Here are a few pictures.

IMG_7229.jpg

Bought blacked out headlights on eBay, put some 6K HIDs in them, and "Hyper White" Hi-beams which look stupid with the blue tint, but what can ya do. We also painted my grille black, and tinted my emblem slightly. I also painted the Fire Department symbol black in the middle.

IMG_7212.jpg

They came with a silver rim around the edges so we painted it black.

IMG_7213.jpg

We masked off the moldings on the side and painted them black.

IMG_7235.jpg

Finished product

IMG_7208.jpg

We painted the "Tailgate Eyebrow" black, along with the rear emblem. I also tinted my tails and masked off the reverse light.

IMG_7218.jpg

Decided to paint them too lol.

IMG_7220.jpg

This took a really long time to mask off but I think it was so worth it.

IMG_7234.jpg

Finished product

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Tonight I'm painting the rear bumper, ill post pictures after that. I also bought mud flaps which I will put on once I paint the fender flares so rocks don't chip the paint. Front bumper is last because I don't know if I should get an XLT front bumper yet. Rims will come this summer, black of course =]

Wow- that looks really cool with the black Explorer emblem on the back. I like the scheme- I never liked how Ford made the XLS look with the unpainted black tailgate handle, the side trim, etc...

keep up the good work it looks nice

I tinted them a little already with some VHT, I think I did 2 small quick coats, nothing noticeable unless you see two side by side, then it looks really different. I have inspection in august so I'll end up tinting them more afterwards so I don't have to go out and get another set of tails, I'll already fail for the tints, but I'm just going to get them re-done.

u got pics of ur hids

I'll post a day and a night picture of them if you want tomorrow along with my rear fender flares that I painted today, and the mud flaps I put on.

IMG_7280.jpg

Rear fender flares painted, mud flaps put on, and rear bumper painted. Not an exact color match, but I like it alot better than the unpainted gray.

IMG_7279.jpg

Tinted the corners

IMG_7282.jpg

6000K HIDs during the day.

nice hids u got there i wanna get a set of hids as well i wanna get the 8000K HIDs

That black explorer emblem is sick how did you tape it off?

With blue painter's tape :p by hand, took over an hour hahah.

Really a nice job :thumbsup:

I never liked the way Ford seemingly "cheapened up" the look of the XLS- with that side trim, the unpainted rear plate trim, etc...

Nice job!

Two new pictures, HIDs at night, and removed roof rack.

IMG_7287.jpg

IMG_7296.jpg

It looks great, it'll look even better with the black wheels.

Black looks great, but it's such a PITA to keep looking good...

Got a ford bumper, and a fog light kit, and some HIDs, here are the pictures.

IMG_7374.jpg

IMG_7375.jpg

IMG_7376.jpg

I completely forgot to order the lower grille because I thought my XLS one would fit, it doesnt haha.

I really like the looks of the painted flares. I'll never understood why they just didn't put on black flares and bumpers from the factory..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back