2004 explorer factory alarm problem | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2004 explorer factory alarm problem

mazey

Reaction score
City, State
upstate ny
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 explorer
got explorer new in 04. original alarm , and had dealer put in ford remote start. no problems until recent with alarm going off for no reason, cars locked in drive with no one near it , no loud traffic nearby. happend 5 times past 3 days.dealer want 120 just to look at it and i was told theres no sensitivity adjustment.so theres not much they could do except replace it. i want to be able to lock the doors and leave alarm off,or try to lower its sensitivty. some posts said possible others said theres no adjustment. any ideas? thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

which remote start kit do you have. get the number off the module in the car. there is an option on a few of them to turn off security functionality. keyless and start will still work. the sensitivity can also be adjusted. it is a pain to adjust but can be done.

thanks, im away from truck, give me a few hours. it was the only one available from ford,had it put in 05 or 06,

h63db is a number i can see,does that sound rite? it clearly says ford on the module

no kidding? thanks

Welcome aboard!! :salute:

I had similar electrical issues with my 02 xlt. The dome lights would stay on until the battery saver feature turned them off, the accessory delay wasn't working, the driver side puddle light didn't work, the keypad on the door would set off the alarm when I pressed it, the door ajar light would flash and beep at highway speeds, the radio would shut off as soon as I turned the key off, the delayed accessories didn't work, etc. Most recently all 4 windows stopped working.

A lot of electrical issues can be traced back to broken/damaged wire(s) in the boot between the body and the driver's door. I found 2 broken wires and repaired them. The thin black ground wire was broken and after repairing it all was back to normal. When the windows stopped working, I repaired the thick black ground wire and the windows now work like a champ.

Here is the thread for removing the door panel: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums//showthread.php?t=303524

Here is a great thread for checking for broken/damaged wires, thanks to synyster for this awesome write-up: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums//showthread.php?t=270081

Be sure to take your time when looking for broken/damaged wire(s). Check all the wires for breaks/damage. When you think you're done looking, look again, and again, and again. A bright flashlight can be very helpful.

Hope this helps out. Good luck. :biggthump

Back