2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Braking problem | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Braking problem

Geraldfjs

Reaction score
City, State
Pennsylvania
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 explorer sport trac
My mechanic put on new brakes, pads, rotors, calipers, new fluids and new hoses. When I brake when coming to a FULL stop, I hear a noise like a large spring unwinding and I get a SOFTNESS in the brakes and the brake petal will seem to loose compression and go down further. The noise comes from the drivers side front. I am taking the car back to my mechanic to check the codes and have him test drive it. No dash warning comes on when this is occurring. This started before the full brake job which I assumed would solve it It hasn't. I was hoping for some suggestions so I could become versed on the problem.

Sounds like they replaced all the essential parts for a complete brake system overhaul. Possibilities could be the master cylinder, booster, or something ABS related. Please be VERY careful driving back to the shop, you're having serious issues with the most important system on your car. GL

Your fired!!!

Wow, Shops don't even test drive their work anymore!

Hi shop owner, please sell me $1,000 worth of brake parts. NO don't look for the real cause, just give me some new stuff. NO don't test drive it afterwards, just bill me.

Thank you so much.

Is this what you said? Or is this what they heard?

FIRE YOUR MECHANIC!!!!!

:fire: YOUR FIRED!!!! :fire:

Back