2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT door code location??? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT door code location???

phiggin3

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Ford Explorer Sport
Can anyone tell where the code for my door (Keyless entry) isn located on a 2004 ford Explorer (Sport Trac XLT)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Key code

can anyone tell where the code for my door (keyless entry) isn located on a 2004 ford explorer (sport trac xlt)

any ford dealership will redo your code for $15.00

thanks hawaii just read your links and did this in 8 mins piece of cake

Thank you for info. Just did it. Works just on a 2003

I tried & it says the page is no longer available. I have a 2004 sport trac xlt. Can anyone guide me to the security door code?
Thanks ,Bob

Welcome.

Thanks ;
I just purchased this 2004 sport trac XLT & am having to get to learn all about this jewel. I was able to get the door code but pulling the defroster vent wasn't needed. I took the glove box door out & then I removed the fuses then the 5/16 screws & the air bag then two 9/32 screws holding the module. WALA right before me eyes wuz the door code..I put it all back tomorrow. I'm wore out.
Looking forward to enjoying this site.-
Bob

I just got an 04 Explorer Sport Trac and it didn't come with the door code. I removed the defrost vent and looked under the dash from outside the truck. You can just see it written on the white box there. You might have to lift the wiper up to see properly. Took me about 15 minutes, but I was being extra cautious about not breaking the vent and using a small screwdriver. I'd recommend a thicker screwdriver to pop the vent out easier.

I just got an 04 Explorer Sport Trac and it didn't come with the door code. I removed the defrost vent and looked under the dash from outside the truck. You can just see it written on the white box there. You might have to lift the wiper up to see properly. Took me about 15 minutes, but I was being extra cautious about not breaking the vent and using a small screwdriver. I'd recommend a thicker screwdriver to pop the vent out easier.
I just bought one with the same issue, going to try and save 30.00 to the dealer by doing it myself, thanks for the info!

Back